Call Before You Dig!
Underground power lines are out of sight and, usually, out of mind.
If you accidentally cut into a power line while you’re working
outdoors, you could be seriously injured or even killed. At a minimum,
you could cause outages to your and your neighbors.
If you are planting a tree, digging footings for a new deck or outbuilding,
or doing any sort of excavating, call Diggers Hotline first to see if
you think there may be underground power lines in the area.
The number for Diggers Hotline is 1-800-242-8511. When
you call, please have the following information ready:
1. Directions and distance from the nearest fire number.
2. The street or avenue of the location and on which side the locate
3. The nearest intersecting street.
4. The width of a path to locate.
5. Any other special instructions.
Remember, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. Call before